Features TORSIONAL STRETCH TECHNOLOGY (TST) The distinct blue panels of the Helix have been a standout feature since the first model was released in 2006.
For the 5th generation, blueseventy further advanced the premium Yamamoto 40 cell 1.5mm proprietary TST panels by eliminating seam lines and freeing up the deltoid muscle to provide unparalleled arm and shoulder mobility.
- ULTRATHIN ARMS No other wetsuit offers ultrathin 1mm premium Yamamoto 40 cell arms that provide the flexibility and comfort of a second skin with the speed and propulsion of a full suit.
- BODY FIT PANELS The Helix has been improved with body mapped gender specific 3mm Fit Panels contoured to not only make the 2015 edition our easiest Helix to fit, but to compliment the torso and back leg buoyancy panels to improve body rotation.
- VO2 CHEST PANEL Redesigned for 2017 the split chest construction naturally and anatomically accentuates the lungs, producing the optimal amount of buoyancy while maximizing stretch during respiration. The thin center panel has been extended to the neckline to improve fit and comfort.
- QUICK EXIT LEGS New for 2017 is the addition of 2mm thin lower leg panels beginning at the knee and flaring out at the ankle. This design has made the Helix easier to get on and the fastest to remove when seconds matter.
- HONEYCOMB AQUA FEEL A premium feature of the Helix since 2010 is our ultra-light, hydrophobic catch panel made with the same permeable textile fabric used in our swim skins and competition pool swim suits. These minimalistic forearm panels increase awareness of arm position in the water encouraging better technique, more power and reduced risk of injury. AQUASEAL The 4 way stretch fabric in our 40 cell 1mm silicone cuffs seal the wrists from unwelcomed water entry, without catching when removing the suit.
- KNEE FLEX 2mm textured panels assist with knee flexion by reducing bunching and improved running to transition.
- REVERSE ZIPPER The Helix reverse zipper not only removes the bulker zipper head from behind the neck, but also reduces the need for a traditionally higher collar, improving your comfort and making it easier to sight. BUOYANCY The Helix is built on a 5-5-4 pattern, centralizing core buoyancy to raise the position of the hips in relation to the rest of the body. The chest and torso panels utilize super buoyant 5mm Yamamoto Aerodome that keep the hips high and promote an efficient downhill swimming position.
- FLEXIBILITY Our striking bright orange inner jersey is laminated to ultra-supple 40 cell neoprene to produce an incredibly flexible suit. New for 2017 is the addition of our new blue jersey focused at the TST, Body Fit and VO2 Chest panels.